Davening: Kindergarten

Davening is an essential fixture in every Bais Yaakov schedule, even before we learn to read. I basically enjoy it and sing along much of the time. My mother never forgets to pack some coins for tzedakah in my backpack, so I always have something to contribute. Overall, it's a rather relaxing routine and quite conducive to spacing out. As the repetitive rhythm of the prayers buzzes in my ears, in my mind I see an endless corridor with rhythmically spaced arches. The arches pass in time to the beat, their beauty magnified by subtle lighting effects. I have no idea what the words are to this song my class sings but it doesn't matter, my visualization is soothing and all mine. It is probably my earliest memory of creating art - though I could never draw the image, I will still be able to visualize it clearly over ten years later.

No comments: