Davening: At Camp

Different setting.
Same game.
... Different players.

"Look, she doesn't know how to daven," comes the whisper from behind.
They don't know, I tell myself. The game is still on.
"See, she's not standing straight. Her feet aren't together."
They are too! I squeeze them closer together.
"Nope, not together at all. Tsk..."
My sneakers rub together. The only space is between the arches. They won't meet.
"Ha, she moved. She's not concentrating. You shouldn't be listening to us."
"She's blushing. Look, she's not even saying anything."
This is not going well. I can't wait for the next activity to start.

... I forgot that I'm going to flop at the activities, too.

1 comment:

corner point said...

....I'm sad for you...

What got you through all this ok? How did you get thru all this and come out whole?